Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June - WOW where did it go? But it was the month of 'Tim'!

Ok, so life just got too hectic for me last month, and all forms of scapbooking sort of halted, I never even got my Tim's Tag done by the end of the month!
BUT on the plus side I traveled to Brisbane to meet Tim Holtz and watch him demo at the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo.
 And watch Tim I did!  As soon as I arrived at the expo I made a beeline for him!!
I had printed a map of the layout before the show, obsessive I know, but this was my big chance to meet him!
I was so glad I got there early, because by mid morning, you could not get near him!!
 These photos are of Tim demoing his Distress Markers, he is colouring his Papillon  Stamp.
This later became a tag he gave to me, signed and made by the Master himself!!
 I had ordered his Distress Marker's and water brushes and knew they where coming to my local scrap shop, Treasures to Scrap so I was happy to watch him!
 I was also glad to see him colour his crinkle ribbon, I have gotten my ribbon to look more like his now.
 Tim making another tag, he was so lovely and patient to all the women stopping and asking him questions, getting him to sign things, but he always smiled and was charming!
 Tim 'rumaging' in his Trinket Case (this made me want one!)  
Look at that smile - Swoon!
Someone asked him if he named the Distress Ink colours and he replied something like I created them, I name them, that's why they have odd names.
Finally a photo with Tim!
Get a look at the goofy-Cheesy grin on my face, I was almost crying with excitment!
I also got some photos of me with Mario, but they are on Mum's Camera.

Then it was a waiting game for my class with Tim in Melbourne at the end of the month!
 Our kit's where so cute, and parts where pre-done so we would finish on time!
 I really struggled to get photos of Tim teaching, the projector screen was throwing my camera settings!  Tim is a wonderful and humorous teachers, he could not get over how nice Aussie scrappers are, apparently Americans are pushy and fight over tools and shared objects! 
 About half way through the class, and my first chance to play with Distress Markers, I was really excited to be picking mine up from Tina at Treasures to Scrap!
 Tim shared loads of tips through the class.
 Our Artful Flight wall hanging is almost finished!!
I can not get over how good Ranger's Multi Medium adhesive is for sticking metal!  This is on my list of 'need to get's!'
 The class over, we had time to get Tim to sign things, including the unavailable to buy Idea-ology tote bags Tim gave us in the class!  I had brought my books he has written, so I was in heaven!
 Another stupid goofy grin from me!
 Tim, myself and Mario.
Mario helped me out recently when I lost the instructions for a project I had brought off Tim, and emailed me new instructions.
 These following photos are of some samples Tim had brought over with him for us to see.
This was made on a cruise he taught on!  I think that would be awesome cruising AND classes with Tim.
All these elements, including the boat where attached with Multi-Medium, I told you it was good stuff!
 Some cards Tim has made.
 Cards and a Pocket Watch.
 More bits...
 How awesome is this mirror - look at all the fragments Tim has used!
And finally this canvas page made by grunge board.  It was full of amazing patchwork and textures.

 In all this excitement was Tim's June tag with all it's amazing techniques, getting forgotten (not really!) on my desk.
Below is Tim's amazing tag. 
 Below is my tag.  It has turned out similar to Tim's.
Tim publishes all the tips on his blog to re-create this tag yourself!
 I am really happy with my tag this month!
I am slowing down I know!!
 This has also prompted me to clean out my scrap room.  
Most of my room is retro/Antique my desk is an old green top lockable desk, found on a roadside collection I LOVE it!  My sewing basket belonged to one of my second cousins and I have a mismatched collection of tins and draws holding must haves.
PLUS my new Trinket case, Distress Markers and Tissue Tape.
Thanks Tina/Treasures to Scrap for getting these in for me!

So here is hoping July goes back to normal and I get some layouts done!

3 comments:

SammyD said...

Awesome pics Leesa :)
Oooo and look at all those lovely project you could try ;)

Creative Digital Expressions said...

Great project ideas! Looks like an awesome event to attend.

Felicity Ives said...

OMG - Its like a Tim Holtz overload! So glad you enjoyed the class but even happier that you got your photos with Tim, bucket list - check! His projects loook awesome, maybe we can work on one?