Friday, June 1, 2012

Tim's Tags 2012 - May

 I have been working on this tag all month, and have been slowing completing it's elements.  I have ordered some of the hanger clips from Ebay, but they are taking forever to get here (I guess it had to happen once!), so I only have 8 hours left to get it uploaded!!  Hopefully they arrive in todays mail, or i'll be uploading it without it!  UPDATE - It's still not here, so I am uploading it with a normal paper clip and i'll replace the photo when it arrives!
I love it!  I have not got a melting pot so I adapted a bit while making my faux porcelain flowers, which was hazardous , but it working and a melting pot is high on my wish list.
I did not have the exact stamp set Tim used, but the smaller version, so I used part of the sewing pattern with the logo and instructions instead of the blue stamped image.
I also did not have the tape ribbon of Tim's so I used a tape ribbon from my stash, then sewed a zipper over the top.  I got a box of zippers and cotton reels from my Nan while cleaning her house (why she has then I don't know, she would not sew or replace a zipper!!)
My cotton reel also came from that box, but when I pulled the old cotton from it, I discovered it was made from polystyrene!  So much easier to cut than wood!  Perfect.  I wound it with baker's twine.
I have used a cabochon and holder (from D-Lish Scraps) for the dandling bit and inside is a piece of Graphic 45 Steam Punk Debutante Paper.
I also had to use a regular sized pin, which I embossed with Walnut Stain Powder.
Below is my tag...
 I hope you like it!

No comments: