Sunday, June 17, 2012

CSI Case File #23

Well my poor blog and scrappin' has been neglected lately!
So where have I been?  I have been working, yep I have anew job and it is great, but it has been a bit of an adjustment after 3 years of self employment.  And I went to Brisbane last weekend to spend time with Leonie - Wedding planning and to see Tim Holtz!!  More on that in another post!
This layout was created for CSI's Case File #23, which is getting in just in time!
It's Imogen and her Turtle Family, which grew by 1 turtle on our return from Brisbane, with 'Darwin' being brought at the airport on the way home.
Below is the Case File we had to use!
I have used all 5 Scheme Colours, with the help of the Co-Ordinates again (the journal tag hidden to the left of the page).
From the 'Evidence' list I have used - 'Flowers' (the big Prima vine, the fussy cut patterened paper, and some other random flowers from my stash) and 'something translucent' (the Tim Holtz Film Strip in the top left corner and also under the photo and also the little clear flower in the bottom right side of the photo).
From the 'Testimony' list I have used 'Alliterative Caption' (my sub heading 'Toadie's Turtles' - Toadie is Imogen nick name, well one of them!) and 'Write a letter' (which is in my hidden journalling - a letter from me to her so she can always remember how much these turtles mean to her).
My hidden journalling is on two tags and reads 
Tag 1 - Imogen's turtle family is forever growing. Left to Right, Bottom to Top - Easter Turtle, Stickey, Icky, Darwin, Swirly, Twirly and Shelly.  You love them.
Tag 2 - Dear Imogen, these turtles are special to you, they each have a story.  Stickey came first and is your favorite, Nanny got him at a garage sale.   He goes to school with you, he came to Fiji with us, and you stress if you loose him.  Icky came home from Cairns with Nanny and Pa, she is married to Stickey.  Swirly, Twirly and Shelly you spotted in a Ballet Shop as we walked past and you got all three they had over time.  Easter Turtle came from the Easter Bunny - a request you made and Dad and I can not believe EB found one!  Darwin is the newest turtle and came home with Nanny and I from Brisbane.  I hope you love them always.  Love Mumma.
I hope you like it!

1 comment:

SammyD said...

Those turtles are soooo cute! I've just signed up for the CSI Case Files, not sure how I will go but these look like a good challenge ;)
Congrats on the new job too!