Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Show Us Your Stuff April 1st Challenge

 Yesterday Mum and Jean come over to spend the afternoon scrapping at my house, but I spent more time cooking and making cuppas (as my Nan and Pop also popped in!) than scrapping, so this all I established for the afternoon!
It was created for Show Us Your Stuff's April 1st Challenge, which was to take inspiration from the image below (credit Pinterest) 
 I have taken my inspiration from both the pink and green colour scheme and also the crochet/fabric elements.
I have used some Lime Tree Creations trims and flowers for the crochet elements, some fabric May Arts leaves and a Purple Pumpkin flower - turned into a Die Cut Butterfly (that I had used the top part on another layout and found the base too big to use so it got re-purposed!)
I have also used the April 'Try This' Technique which was quilling - I have created what I found out is an 'open heart' which was quiet easy to make!
I hope you like it!

6 comments:

Felicity Ives said...

Very sweet Leesa, its good to see you are still scrapping wedding photos, you must surely be nearing the bottom of the pile now?

Leesa said...

Ha! I wish Felicity!!
I have thousands of photos from the day and I am maybe about 1/2 way through, and that's using the best photos!

Treasures To Scrap said...

what a great layout leesa..love all the lime tree embellies

leannes scrappy stuff said...

Lovely lo Leesa I love the little quilled heart thanks for joining us at SUYS cheers!!!!

Marelle said...

Leesa thanks for your gorgeous layout I love the crocheted flowers and adore the quilled heart
Thanks for playing along at sUYS

sarah martin said...

Leesa, I love your layout. Such sweet photos and the quilled heart looks great. Thanks for playing at SUYS x