Thursday, January 19, 2012

CSI Color Stories Inspiration Case File #2

This layout was created for CSI's Case File #2.  
I don't normally go and take photos to create layouts, but this colour palette and the inspiration photo, just made me want a specific photo, so I packed my daughter and hubby up, as James loves photography, and off we went to Toorongo Falls, just near home.  I wanted a real lush green background to my photo, and this moss covered boulder was perfect!
I did also pack Immy's mermaid dress up, and was going to get a photo of her with the tail in the water while she sat on the rock, but the leeches had ideas of eating her alive, so that plan was scraped!
Above is the Case File we had to work with, I have chosen to use ALL the Evidence items!!  The flowers are obvious, the architectural element (window), sheer element (the acrylic ribbon through the center of the lace), swirls/flourish again obvious and the stone like object is my little purple tile near the heart on the left side that says 'dream'.
I have used two of the Testimony items, the inspiration word - Dream as described above and I have used Advice in my title as I believe everyone should listen to nature more! 

 I have used:
*G.C.D Studios Paris Nights - Saint Martin Paper.
*Core'dinations Buttercup and Aegean.
*Core'dinations Essentials Aquarium Butterfly.
*Bazzill Bling - infatuation.
*Lace.
*Glimmer Mist - Timeless Lilac.
*Fancy Pants Lilac House - Element Stickers.
*Sewing Machine and Thread.
*Prima Vintage Treasures Window.
*Copic Marker BV04
*Copic 0 Refill and Cloth (I coloured the window with the marker, making some places darker than others, then I took my refill and put a little onto a cloth them dabbed over the window to give it an aged mottled look).
*Clear Ribbon - Unknown.
*Dimensional Magic.
*Prima Flower Coventry Rose - Printery (coloured with Copic).
*Kaiser Paper Bloom - Honey (coloured with Copic).
*Copic RV69 Marker (for all flowers).
*Assorted Flowers.
*Kaiser Mini Blooms - Sage.
*RW Chipboard - Swirl Tree.
*Kaiser Sparklets - Princess.
*Perfect Pearls - Green Patina.
*Prima Sweet Fairy - Fresh Breeze Paper.
*Dream Disc.
*Cricut Machine, Gypsy and Gypsy Font.
*Computer and Printer.
I have based my layout around a sketch found on the Sketch Savvy site.

I hope you like it!

No comments: