Monday, May 24, 2010

Sandie's Challenge Card

Sandie has a challenge on her blog, and there is still a few more days to enter. You have to create three handmade flowers using a recycled product, give them a handmade centre, then make a card using them.
The colours are a bit off, the card is so much more vibrant in real life. The flowers are make using paper towels, that I use when Glimmer Misting. I go through lots and it is good to have a use for the towels now!
Sandie also asks for a tutorial on how to make the flowers, and like Vickie I think eww! But I will try! There is a video on the Glimmer Mist Blog, but I could not get it to play!
Step one: After you towels are dry, flatten them out, and cut into evenish strips, how deep you make them will alter the size of your flowers. You can use as few or as many strips as you like, mine all used 3.
*If you are in the Gippsland area, check out the Fat Cat Scrappin' blog for information on our Glimmer Mist Workshop. After the workshop, you will have plenty of paper towels to make flowers with (Sorry I just had to plug the shop!!!)
Step two: Place double sided tape along one side of your strip, it wants to be on the non Glimmer Misted side (or the least!)
Step three: Place a wired steam, (or steal some wire from hubby's shed!) on the edge of the strip, turn it so it sticks. Then begin to gather, turn and stick, as you roll the strips onto the wire.
Step four: Attach another strip and just keep going, you can make the roses as open or closed as you like, by the amount of gathering you use.

I cut off the steams as close as possible and you have gorgeous paper flowers.
I have added some stickles to the centre of my flowers, I hope this will qualify for Sndie's add a handmade centre (it would be pointless giving these a centre, other than a bit of extra sparkle, as you would not see it!!)

2 comments:

Sandie said...

This is unreal Leesa. I can't wait to have a go.

Great job and thanks for the tutorial.

Luv Sandie

Vicky said...

These are gorgeous, Leesa, & what a fantastic way to recycle your papaer towels :)